Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sorel Boots; a Review

I live in Utah.  Did you know that?  Did you also know it is the home of the greatest snow on earth?  Did you also know it gets super cold and winter goes from October to May?  Yeah, Utah.  Not the place I wanted to end up, but I am here and am trying to make the best of it.

When we decided to bury Emma here, I knew I would need some good "cemetery shoes".  You know, the kind that will keep my feet warm and dry when I need to spend hours at her grave?  Yep, those kinds.  And since, as I mentioned before, I live in the snow laden mountains, I have needed something to fit the bill.

I have made due the last 5 winters with some shoes from Target.  They kept my feet dry, but not warm.  This year, I have been given a pair of these, Hoonah boots from Sorel.


To say I was excited is an understatement.  Finally, I have something to keep my feet warm and dry this winter.  These are perfect for taking my kids about town, walking the boy to school, even paired with a skirt they are cute.

These boots come in two colors, the one shown above is actually a little more a camel color in person, or in black.  Some of my favorite features are the waterproof full-grain leather uppers to keep your feet dry, the rock pile fleece lining to keep my feet warm and the 100g. Thinsulate Insulation just for fun!  The molded EVA comfort footbed that can be taken out if needed is another great feature.  I love how easy on and off they are, with a zipper on the inside of the boot.  I will not be slipping and sliding all over the place in these boots either, with a traction enhancing multi-directional rubber lug outsole, these are super sturdy!

Thanks to Sorel, I will be warm and dry for many years to come.  These quality boots will last for many years, which is one of the many great features of Sorel boots.

I love these so much, that we are going to buy my husband some Sorels for him this winter.  He walks to and from work everyday, so he needs something that he can walk to work in and wear at work. 

Go check out their new website and see the great options to keep you warm and dry this winter.  What is your favorite design?  What feature do you look for in a boot?

If you are needing something this winter, you definitely should invest in Sorels, you won't be disappointed.


***This is a compensated review from Sorel, however even if I hadn't been given these great boots to review, I would have bought them and reviewed them anyway!***

4 comments:

  1. Oh, those are cute. Seriously cute. If I hadn't just bought 2 pair of snow boots, they would go on my list! Hmmmm...My hubby also walks to work. That's a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some of those, STAT. Most winter boots are so ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Utah too guess I better invest!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts with me.