TakePart.com is an independent online community that connects it's members directly to the issues that inspire them to engage, contribute and take action. Through the Members Project, American Express is providing funding to charities, focusing on 5 different areas; Arts & Culture, Community Development, Education, Environment & Wildlife and Health & Wellness.
By joining TakePart.com you will have opportunities to make a difference and to show your passion, in small steps. (That for me is the big part, SMALL STEPS!)
- Whether it’s voting for a favorite charity to receive funding from American Express, volunteering time, donating, or telling friends, everyone can take a small step with Members Project and start making a difference.
- Volunteer at charities that American Express helps you find and get Membership Rewards® points for doing so.
- Vote once per week for the causes American Express should fund. Members Project is donating $200K to five causes every three months. This quarter's voting ends May 24, 2010.
- Donate money or Membership Rewards® points to one of each voting period’s 50 selected charities, or choose from over 1 million other charities.
- Share your involvement with the program to inspire and encourage others to participate.
We choose a charity every month where we either donate, or do something for as a family. This month it is the Food Pantry, next month it will be up to the kids. But, our little bit we can donate only goes so far. By voting for a worthy Charity to receive the money, I feel like I am really part of something bigger and doing something more.
It really is that easy. I hope that on this Earth Day, you will take the first step at doing something for our World. Go over, check it out, join, find volunteer opportunities in your area. Then come back here and let me know what you think.
When we all work together, we can do amazing things.
This is a post supporting the Members Project, TakePart.Com and AMEX through the One2One Network. By posting this I am eligible to win a gift card. However, I would have written about this with no incentive at all because it is just that cool.